Monday, June 7, 2010

First Anniversary

Well we made it! Jeff and I had our first anniversary yesterday and we can't believe that the last year went by so fast. Even though we have been together for four years, it doesn't seem like we have been married for only one year. I can't believe I was able to meet someone like Jeff and I am truely blessed. I wake up every day and think how grateful I am to have the man that I consider my best friend by my side.

Who would have thought that during the past year we would have a beautiful little boy and a "don't know yet" on the way. We went from having two dogs to having two dogs, a son and a baby on the way. Talk about instant family!

Everyone asked me after I got married if it felt different to be married. The only thing that felt different to me was the fact that I had a new last name. I'm still getting used to being called Hawkins and it's been hard not to use Gressmen, but I love being Courtney Hawkins and it just gives me a new me!

In the next year, I would like the following things to happen:

  • 1. Have a beautiful healthy baby!
  • 2. Watch Cash continue to discover new things every day and remain a healthy happy baby.
  • 3. Have our financial situation get a little better.
  • 4. For Jeff and I to continue to love each other more and more each day.

I can tell you one thing - I am a very lucky lady! I've learned a lot from Jeff and I'm sure he's learned a lot from me. Together we make a perfect pair (at least in my mind! haha).

Jeff I love you so much and I hope you know that as long as your by my side I'm going to love you more and more each day!
Here's to many more anniversary's!

No comments: